Friday, July 14, 2006

walking

I have been walking alot. I walk to college everyday, i walk around college almost forever, i walk up the stairs to classes (run sometimes), i walk to sunway pyramid mall when i had to, i walk back to the condo everyday after my classes, i walk to dinner, i walk to sports centre just to play my favourite sports, yea, i walk alot, almost never ending. Of all these walks, tiring as they can be, i found them nothing compared to a certain walk in my life in which tires both my body and spirit, it starts at a point and never ends-My walk with God.

Unlike walking to places, walking with God never ends and never stops, its forever and for life. Its not easy and trust me, its tiring and frustrating at times. There is no such thing as rest or just putting it aside for awhile. Walking with God is a constant thing, its like traveling on a journey, you never stop in a journey to a certain place, you keep going until you reach the destination; same thing with the walk with God, its just that the destination is eternity, thus it wont come until we have gone through our second death.

Walking with Him had never been easy, and many times i fell unseizingly. The walk with God its the most tiring and exhausting walk in my life, and what is most surprising is i havent even walked half or a quarter of the journey yet, there is still a long way to go. Everyday i not only walk to places physically, but at the same time, i am walking with Him by my side, i am walking with Him close to my heart. At times when i was happy, He was there, at times when i was sad and down, He was also there. His presence never left me, but many times i forsake Him and acted as if He wasnt with me, complained and found myself filled with nothing but foolishness.

My walk with God isnt just merely a walk, its more than that, its doing what is right in my life according to His commandment, and have a close relationship with Him. Throughout the walk, i have to trust Him to guard me and have faith that He will look after me. Its never easy to trust someone in which you cannot see with your own eyes neither can you feel it literally, but i do feel His presence surrounding me everywhere i go, He is the reason i walk cheerfully many times and He is also the reason why when i am just too tired to walk, i continued walking. He gave me strength to carry on with life when things go rough, and when i am just too worn out and weary, He carries me with the loving arms of His.

I walk alot. I walk to many places in which i could reach with my feet, but the most wonderful walk in my life thus far and in time to come is a certain walk in which i treasure the most, it starts at a point and never ends-My walk with God.

6 comments:

jokhoo said...

walking with God is the most beautiful kind of walk..
not because of the journey or where we're going to.. but who we're walking with.
tho many times its really hard and all..
but we just gotta keep walking ;)

lee wei said...

walk walk walk walk in the light!

or unless you're like dory from finding nemo
'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'

the difference is you can sing
'just keep walking, just keep walking, walking, walking'


okay crapping too much.

Anonymous said...

hey! i totally agree when u said uh...cant remember the exact words...bt i agree with u tht once u walk,dont stop in one destination...move move move!
reminds me of...was it Terah? yeah..i forgot where he journeyed to...then he stopped...bt Abraham continued walking by faith because he obeyed God. mz read again. btw. HELLO! hw r u doin?

Jo Jo Bumps said...

are we there yet ...


10 sec later


are we there yet ...


9 sec later


are we there yet ...


are we ?

are we ? are we ? hahaha


no matter how hard the walk is , or how steep the walk may be ... it is always comforting to know that we have some one there to walk with us , some one to support us and at times to carry us when the journey and the walk is to hard .

Anonymous said...

datz so encouraging man! =)

anna said...

hey lih jien. stumbled upon ur blog. =)
i walk alot too, and i enjoy it alot. but i've nvr likened it to my walk with God..till now. cool analogy.

keep up the great work! =)