Friday, June 09, 2006

Age....moments....life....hope.

The seconds ticked at the constant speed, gradually bringing me closer and closer to a different age of my life.

With one last surge of energy, i became 18. Alright!!!18!!!What does that mean? Lots!! Movies(18 rated one la), adulthood( ya meh? still feel like a kid =P) etc.

Though, the one second of movement in time had cause the integer in my age to change, but really, i don't feel anything; i don't feel older, i don't feel more mature, i don't feel any different, i don't even feel anything at all, its well, just like any other day.

Birthday wishes began to flood my computer screen and my cell phone's inbox massegers, calls came, wishing me with the ever sweetest voices, all these made me smile.

I've always wondered, why celebrate a birthday? isnt it just a normal day like any other day? Yes, to me, it was and it is still like any other normal days, probably that is why i dont fancy birthday party on my birthday, and infact i prefer to spend it alone; like many of my other days, my birthday, is just like one of them.

But what is special about this day is it actually leads me to wonder about the moments i've spent with my friends; be it ten years down the road or five years, what so ever( i dont live that long in the world yet =P), i began to think and ponder about the moments i've spent with all my various types of friends, the quarrels, the fights, the fellowship, the times when we just lie down and keep silent, the time when we run around being clowns, every moments hit me straight in the heart, and until then, i realised that my life of 17 years was and is indeed meaningful.

Yes, it is like any other day, no doubt about that, nothing special, nothing great, but it is on this day in which you realise that life is caught in the lob of time. Like it or not, you can never escape, like it or not, you can never rebel against it, like it or not, you'll grow older no matter what. Time stops for no one, moments come and go like the wind, but stays in the heart forever, age climbs higher and higher, life goes on, but all these are meaningless, what really matters is whether you have grown spiritually and mentally. Whether you have grown in heart, soul and mind.

That is why i do not take my birthday as some important and eventful day, i believe that everyday is equally as important as this day. We grow each day, growing is a process that acts through time, every second we grow in thoughts and understanding. We may look 30 outside, but is still a child in the inside, or we may look 15 outside but have a maturity of an adult in the mind and soul.

Yet on the other hand, age brings us experiences in which thoughts and hours spent on pondering cannot bring, the older we grow the more we experience and understand life. As simple as to that, age brings moments, moments brings life, and life brings hope.
Happy Birthday Lih-Jien.

No comments: