Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What happened to the fire?

It was sunday, same old sunday, a day like every other day. The clock struck 7, and i decided to answer to my stomach, the long craving for food organ. Dinner!!Where to?where else? I dragged my feet from my isolated room into to the lift, and walked sluggishly to the condo's cafe to grab some food(like always). I went to the counter, said to the counter lady "Take away, crispy chicken rice, black papper sauce." Paid for it, and was about to slump against the wall to wait for my order, suddenly, i heard my name being called out "Jien!!" I turned, and saw Yeong Wei(my poster saviour) standing at the door leading to a balcony, "we're here, come join us for dinner." I looked abit further and saw two familiar faces, sitting there was Steven Tan(CF's music coordinator- one God loving guy in whom i respect alot), and there was Gideon(Big friendly giant).

I went out, got myself a chair and sat down, then we started yakking..yada yada...we talked about many things ranging from me having just woke up and didnt change my shirt to football matches. Then suddenly, it was all silent, a serious atmosphere took over, Steven turned to me and asked " How are you?"

i as usual answered "im fine, why?"

He then calmly said "When you 1st came, you're very fire up, now the fire like psssssssssssssstttt gone ready, what happened to the fire?"

I was stunned by the question. Some how or the other, maybe i was trying to avoid the tense feeling of silence at that point, quickly answered " Well, the fire is still there, just that its quieter than before."

He nodded, then Gideon crapped something, and we went on talking.

The next morning, I was chatting with Shu Yi, and I suddenly related to her about what Steven asked me that night. Before going off, she asked me a simple question, in which left me pondering with thoughts for quite a long time. She said "Jien, ask yourself one simple question, why did the fire became quieter?"

After the convosation with my all time jie jie over here in Sunway College, I thought for quite sometime, and realised something, the fire didnt became quieter for no reasons, the fire became quieter but hasnt lost its power, its flame.

I quiet down alot. Especially after CF camp, and after some bad experiences with some so called friends over here(YES..In sunway, not malacca, unbelievable eh, didnt expected that to happen here as well). I think the reason for the fire to quiet down is because of the way i see things, i began to quiet down and realised many things. I began to see friends around me who were there all these while but i didnt noticed. Back when i was hyper, i had many friends but little true and close friends, as i began to quiet down, I realised that I actually form a better relationship with people around me than before.

My perspective changed, I became some what wiser, and i began to realise and understand the power of silence. Keeping quiet at times, move lesser, talk lesser, but act more, do more, actions are greater than words.

Yes, the fire may be quieter than before, but its still burning every brightly and ever fiercely. The question is whether do i want to show it or not? Well, i choose not to, not in the way i used to, but in a different way. Keeping and storing the energy for better use is essential, but i always remind myself that i can never accomplish anything with my strenght alone, but with God's strenght i can. For with God, nothing is impossible.

The fire is still burning, burning for God, not for anything else, but for God alone.=)

2 comments:

Jo Jo Bumps said...

even the smalles fire can create a huge, killer big bond fire ...

size of the fire doesn't really matter, just as long as it is on fire, that is wat matters most .

joanne liyeng said...

fire. hot. hot. hot. hot. hot.

like me. lol.


:)